Start a Chapter of our Midlife Moms Group
6 Good Reasons Why You Should Start a Chapter:
1. You’ll get to bring together other moms like you for networking, support, community and fun.
2. You’ll be able to shape the type of chapter that best suits the needs of 35+ moms in your area.
3. You’ll get to be the spokesperson for your group and will have the opportunity to speak with the media in your area and even nationally.
4. You’ll have the satisfaction of building community and supporting women in your area.
5. You’ll be part of a worldwide network of women like you so you have contacts and connections throughout the world.
6. You’ll share in the growth of the organization and get extra perks that make the effort you put in worthwhile.
How to Launch a Chapter
We would feature you on the Chapter Leaders page of MotherhoodLater.com and promote you as the chapter head in Baby Bloomer, our monthly eZine, and on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn (in our groups). We would also invite you to write a brief later mom testimonial for inclusion in Baby Bloomer. We recommend that chapter heads plan one event per month, if possible…and certainly more is welcome. Whatever activity you like. Moms only. Moms and kids. Families. Doesn’t have to be overly involved. We have an online group for chapter heads on Facebook that you would be invited to join to connect with other chapter heads and share ideas and more.
Another way to further attract members to your chapter is to post flyers around your area on bulletin boards and submit free calendar listings to local parenting publications (if any), weekly papers, and any local parenting websites that feature stuff to do. We can provide you with a press release and flyer. We also recommend that as people express interest, you recruit others to organize events…so it becomes a team effort. Let us know what more we can tell you and if you’d like to join our chapter head community!
Email us if you’d like to come on board at firstname.lastname@example.org and put START A CHAPTER in the subject line.