FEEL GOOD GIFTS & A GIVEAWAY by Robin Gorman Newman
Sometimes a bracelet isn’t just a bracelet, it is a message, a spiritual token, a healing agent. Red Water Designs combines the beauty and ethereal quality of natural gemstones with their deeper meaning in The Elements Collection — jewelry that focuses on the 4 Elements: Earth, Fire, Water, and Air.
Each piece focuses on a key element and comes with a card detailing the personality trait and healing properties associated with the element and stones. If you’re looking for a unique gift, this can send a lasting, positive, empowering message of well-being….whether to the graduate in your life, someone who needs a mental or physical boost, a friend aspiring to adopt a spiritual practice, etc.
I have the Water stretch bracelet pictured. I chose it because I have always embraced water — whether swimming, boating, lounging in a hot tub, or sitting by a beautiful waterway. This bracelet reminds me to take a breathe during my busy day and to envision myself perched by a beautiful stream, taking in nature and reading an inspiring book.
The card that came with the bracelet states: WATER; Devoted, artistic, compassionate, trusting, spiritual & generous. The stone is: Lapis — which is calming and promotes awareness and heightens sensitivity. It also features the stone Sodalite: Used to stimulate thoughts and increase intuition.
As a writer and creative spirit, this all speaks to me!
I’ve always been a light sleeper, but of late, I’ve been feeling particularly sleep compromised, largely due to perimenopause. This inspired me to reach out to Dohm.
The Official Sound Conditioner of the National Sleep Foundation – Dohm, developed over 50 years ago, is the “original” sound machine you’ve probably seen around. I’ve noticed it for years in doctor’s offices and hotels. Now, it was my turn to try it in my home.
It features the following….
- Two speeds
- Fully adjustable tone and volume control
- Integrated vibrationdampening rubber feet for improved sound quality
- Color options: white, black, or tan
- Power options: US 120V; for domestic use only.
The Dohm-DS consists of a compact adjustable acoustic housing surrounding a two-speed electric motor with a unique asymmetrical fan. This design allows it to create the soothing sound of rushing air, Marpac Signature Sound, without the disturbance of actual moving air. This natural “white noise” sound has been proven to effectively block noises at a broad range of frequencies, so you can get deep, undisturbed sleep all night long. The Dohm’s two speeds and adjustable tone and volume allow you to control your personal sound environment with the simple twist of a wrist.
I must admit, it initially took a bit of getting used to, but it did make a difference. My husband often snores, and this tuned it out. My son, who has borrowed it, finds it soothing. He doesn’t like the sound of thunderstorms or other outside noise, and this does the trick. I can see why people have more than one in their home. It can serve many purposes –for babies, children, adults, concentration while working or studying, better sleep while traveling, noise masking for privacy purposes, anxious pets, etc.
No wonder Dohm has been around for years, and people are loyal to it! When something works, it sticks!
Dohm comes in white, tan and black.
GIVEAWAY: MotherhoodLater.com is giving away a white Dohm. To enter to win, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Write DOHM GIVEAWAY in the Subject Line. Winner will be notified via email. Please include your full name and full mailing address. Tell us why you’d like to win one, and please LIKE us on Facebook, if you haven’t already.
Mannatech, a global provider of skin care and wellness products, has introduced its newest 3-step skin care system in the U.S. to provide a way for customers to experience their best skin yet with one set of products.
This elegantly-packaged trio works synergistically to support beautiful looking skin, at any age. All three Generation Ūth products combine the finest ingredients with the most advanced skin care technologies.
Start by gently cleansing and exfoliating the skin with the Ūth Facial Cleanser. Next, apply the nutrient-rich Ūth Skin Rejuvenation Crème to help restore a youthful appearance. Crocus chrysanthus, a flower from the iris family, is a source of a special ingredient in Mannatech’s Ūth Skin Rejuvenation Crème.
In a clinical study, Mannatech’s Ūth Skin Creme was shown to:
- Help reduce the appearance of wrinkles
- Help reduce the appearance of lines
- Increase moisture and hydration
- Give the skin greater luminosity
- Even skin’s tone
- Improve the elasticity of the skin
Lastly, lock in daily hydration with the Ūth Moisturizer. It features the following:
- Myrtle leaf – Botanical extract known to help hydrate skin and help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Sodium hyaluronate – A skin-conditioning polysaccharide that when applied to the skin can form a protective layer, helping restore hydration and skin moisture retention.
- Vitamin E – An antioxidant superstar possessing strong moisturizing properties, helping to hydrate the skin and discourage the appearance of premature aging.
- Sunflower seed extract – The oil expressed from its seeds provides long-lasting moisturization and conditions the skin.
I recently started using the products, so not sure what the result will be over time, but the results are promising. To date, I particularly like the Cleanser. It has a mild grainy texture that feels both rich and rejuvenating, to help keep my skin fresh, smooth and polished. It features:
- Milled grape seeds – A exfoliate born from nature, infused with well-known antioxidants-powerful for combating free radicals.
- Sunflower Seed Oil – The oil expressed from its seeds provides long-lasting moisturization and conditions the skin.
- Palmarosa Oil – Botanical derived from the herb, Cymbopogon martinii, a mild, safe, botanically derived ingredient that conditions the skin.
Note: Thanks to all featured companies for providing product samples.