ROBIN’S PICKS & GIVEAWAY: Lookin’ and Feelin’ Good
I’m a longtime fan of GAIAM products, and this sweatshirt is super comfortable. It is breathable, long and loose….and great for the gym, lounging around, or running casual errands. This adaptable V neck can be worn in the center or off the shoulder. Contrast ribbing at cuffs, waistband and neckline. it is made in the U.S. of terry — 34% combed cotton, 33% organic cotton, 33% recycled polyester.
Gaiam, Inc. is a leading producer and marketer of lifestyle media and fitness accessories, dedicated to providing solutions for healthy and eco-conscious living.
This is such a unique product that makes a fashion statement. If you’re like me, you have more than one pair of boots, but tend to wear the same comfortable, broken in 1-2 pairs over ‘n over again. When I learned of Hugrz, I had to try them, and they’re great!. Hugrz allows you to change the look of your boots in an instant.
With more than 20 different designs, these cool boot wraps add color, texture and flair to your existing pairs by simply sliding them over the tops of the old ones. Take a look at all the designs at www.hugrz.com. They feature faux fur designs and knits….everything from more subtle colors and patterns to fuzzy and funky.
GIVEAWAY: To win a free pair of Hugrz, drop a note to firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate why you’d like to try them. Be sure to include your full name and mailing address.
Onsen features anti-aging wrinkle creams and more. It is the first and only company that infuses Micro Water Complex® to skin care. They feature a full line of products with ingredients derived from the inspiration of cutting-edge technology. The product line features the waters of ONSENs-Japanese volcanic hot springs, which for centuries have been known for their healing attributes for the skin, body and mind.
ONSEN® has four product categories:
- Basic Face – cleaners, peels and a moisturizer
- Basic Eye – eye cream and eye serum
- Anti-Aging- anti-aging wrinke creams and skin treatments including masks, serums, lift and powder technology
- Body- nail care system, foot balm, hand lotion, cuticle conditioner, scrub, body butter
I had the opportunity to sample two of their creams, and the products in their sleek and compact To Go Kit (pictured above). First, let me say, that the packaging is just beautiful. Classy and elegant. Right away, you know you’re in for a treat, if the products live up to the look, and they do! I tried the following:
Smoothing Eye Cream– For puffiness and dark circles– It is designed “For Puffiness and Dark Circles.” It is a super light collagen-boosting cream – that rejuvenates and it nourishes delicate skin – helps banish puffiness, dark circles, fine lines and uneven texture. This felt wonderful going on, and I use it morning ‘n night. My under eye concealer goes on well over it, and it’s refreshing.
Tenseless Cream– Evening tension expression prevention — It is an 8-hour time-release formula helps relax the muscles responsible for facial expression lines, furrows and folds while still keeping the skin itself firm and taut. Who wouldn’t want that?! I tried it last night….love the texture, smell and light rose color. No doubt my skin will benefit from the on-going use of this cream.
Onsen to Go Anti-aging Care Kit. Described as Aging Arrested, “ the Onsen to Go Anti-aging Care kit will help keep your regimen intact while on the go. This is a great one-stop shopping kit to have for travel and convenient at home care.
I am very impressed with the wide array of anti aging products offered by Onsen and am glad to have discovered this product line.
7 Years Younger is the first program to address all 7 key areas to anti-aging to help women feel more youthful both inside and out, without the use of invasive procedures. Throughout the book, readers will find tips to follow to look and feel 7 Years Younger such as:
- Cut back on food products that list sugar among the first three ingredients: Proteins in skin react with excessive sugar, causing skin to age faster.
- Little moves can add up to big benefits. Set your phone alarm to remind you to stand up, stretch, and walk around every hour. Try to walk 20 minutes every day. Always take the stairs. Moving vigorously and often in your daily life can burn up to 300 extra calories every day.
- To diminish brown spots on your face, look for a serum with ingredients like kojic acid and licorice. Apply it at night after you wash your face; the treatment will be more effective on clean skin.
- Keep calm and sniff lavender. Put a drop of essential oil on a cloth and slip it under your pillow to get a good night’s sleep.
- Say your intentions out loud (no matter how silly you feel): Speaking them increases the chances you’ll actually act on them.
I have just cracked the binding on this book, so I have to admit, I haven’t put much to the test as yet. But, I’m excited to explore…and I quickly took a look at some of the featured recipes, since I’m now working on pursuing a vegan diet (with some occasional fish), and there were some recipes right up my alley.
This book is appealing looking, and I trust that the editors of Good Housekeeping magazine, who put it together, have indeed done their homework. Extensively researched and featured on Dr. Oz, many have had success with this plan, and I’m intrigued to see what I can take away from it.
Note: Thanks to featured companies for supplying product samples.